YORKTOWN, N.Y. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Yorktown this week:
- A registered sex offender from Yorktown was sentenced to an additional eight years in prison for a third-degree criminal sex act, according to the Putnam County district attorney's office.
- New York State Police arrested, Anthony Lewis, 62, a Mohegan Lake man, on May 31 for DWI, resisting arrest and misdemeanors.
- State Trooper John Vescio was one of the six injured in the Mobil gas station accident and fire Tuesday and pulled one of the other drivers out of a burning car to safety.
- The Jacob Burns Film Center in Pleasantville will be screening a documentary about an incident that shook the town of Oneonta and still resonates today.
- 1 Firefighters Contain Blaze At Kohl's In Cortlandt
- 2 Yorktown Heights FD Provides Aid In Blaze That Injures Somers Contractor
- 3 Yorktown FD Assists In Battling Two-Alarm Blaze In Somers
- 4 Mohegan Lake Fire Department Assists In Battling Mahopac Blaze
- 5 Winter Storm Watch Issued For Yorktown On Wednesday