YORKTOWN, N.Y. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Yorktown this week:
- A registered sex offender from Yorktown was sentenced to an additional eight years in prison for a third-degree criminal sex act, according to the Putnam County district attorney's office.
- New York State Police arrested, Anthony Lewis, 62, a Mohegan Lake man, on May 31 for DWI, resisting arrest and misdemeanors.
- State Trooper John Vescio was one of the six injured in the Mobil gas station accident and fire Tuesday and pulled one of the other drivers out of a burning car to safety.
- The Jacob Burns Film Center in Pleasantville will be screening a documentary about an incident that shook the town of Oneonta and still resonates today.
- 1 Yorktown Man, 66, Charged With Distributing Crystal Meth
- 2 Yorktown Woman Faces DWI, Drug Possession Charges
- 3 9-, 11-Year-Old Mohegan Lake Boys Charged In Burglaries
- 4 Somers Woman Charged With Violating Order Of Protection, Resisting Arrest
- 5 Man Is Charged With Shooting Arrows At Mohegan Lake Adult Home Employee