WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- As Tropical Storm Arthur barrels its way up the East Coast and temperatures soared toward 90 and the humidity levels grew, the National Weather Service has issued a a Severe Thunderstorm Watch until 9 p.m. and Severe Thunderstorm Warning until 6:15 p.m. Wednesday that includes Westchester.
Some storms could be severe, with heavy rain, large hail and damaging winds and could occur up until 1 a.m. After that, patchy fog is expected through 10 a.m. Thursday.
More showers and thunderstorms should return after 10 a.m. Thursday, with new rainfall amounts of up to three-quarters of an inch possible.
- 1 State Police Warn Yorktown Residents Of Phone Scam
- 2 NYPD Detective Killed, Driver Injured In Wrong-Way Sprain Brook Crash
- 3 ESPN Writer's Son, 21, Missing At College In Upstate New York
- 4 Taconic State Parkway Stretch Reopens After Closure
- 5 Owner Of Yorktown's Turco's Market Has Side Pet Project