WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- As Tropical Storm Arthur barrels its way up the East Coast and temperatures soared toward 90 and the humidity levels grew, the National Weather Service has issued a a Severe Thunderstorm Watch until 9 p.m. and Severe Thunderstorm Warning until 6:15 p.m. Wednesday that includes Westchester.
Some storms could be severe, with heavy rain, large hail and damaging winds and could occur up until 1 a.m. After that, patchy fog is expected through 10 a.m. Thursday.
More showers and thunderstorms should return after 10 a.m. Thursday, with new rainfall amounts of up to three-quarters of an inch possible.
- 1 Assemblyman Katz Calls For Speaker Silver To Resign
- 2 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Yorktown, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 3 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For Yorktown
- 4 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Westchester Sees 6-8 Inches Of Snow
- 5 18 Inches Of Snow Now Possible In Yorktown; Blizzard Warning Issued