WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. - Support groups for cancer survivors or those going through treatment are now available across Westchester County during the holiday season.
Support Connection, a nonprofit organization, provides free, confidential support services for people affected by breast and ovarian cancer, offers a wide range of free support groups women with breast and ovarian cancer.
Their groups focus on topics pertaining to living with cancer through all stages of diagnosis, treatment and post-treatment.
The following support groups are scheduled Westchester in December:
- Yorktown at the Support Connection Office:
2) Young Women’s Support Group: For women who have or had breast or ovarian cancer at a young age: Wednesday, Dec. 9, 7 p.m.
3) Breast Cancer Support Group: Tuesday, Dec. 15, 7 pm.
4) Support Group for Women Living with Advanced Stage Cancer: For women living with recurrence of breast or ovarian cancer, with advanced stage and/or metastasis. Frday, Dec. 18, 12:30 p.m.
- Cortlandt, at the New York Presbyterian Hudson Valley Hospital: Breast Cancer Support Group: Monday., Dec. 21, at 7 p.m.
- Chappaqua, at Northern Westchester Hospital: Breast and Ovarian Cancer Support Group: Wednesday, Dec. 2, 7 p.m.
More groups are offered in Westchester, Putnam and Dutchess, and by toll-free teleconference, although advance registration is required for all groups; call 914-962-6402 or 800-532-4290
For more information on Support Connection or for a full listing of their group meeting schedule, visit their website here .
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.