Breast and ovarian cancer suffers can find information, comfort and support during one of several support groups offered throughout Westchester, Putnam and Dutchess counties through Support Connection, Inc., a not-for profit organization that provides free, confidential support services.
Groups focus on topics pertaining to living with cancer through all stages of diagnosis, treatment and post-treatment. They are offered in group settings and by toll-free teleconference calls.
The following support groups are scheduled in Westchester in April:
Support Connection Office in Yorktown:
- Breast and Ovarian Cancer Support Group: Thursday, April 7, at 10 a.m.
- Young Women’s Support Group: For women who have or had breast or ovarian cancer at a young age. Wednesday, April 13, at 7 p.m.
- Breast Cancer Support Group: Tuesday, April 26, at 7 p.m.
Northern Westchster Hospital at Chappaqua Crossing:
- Breast and Ovarian Cancer Support Group: Wednesday April 6, at 7 p.m.
Support Connection Office in Yorktown Heights:
- Support Group for Women Living with Advanced Stager or Recurrent Cancer: For women living with recurrence of breast or ovarian cancer, with advanced stage and/or metastasis. Friday, April 15, at 12:30 p.m.
New York Presbyterian/Hudson Valley Hospital in Cortlandt Manor:
- A Breast Cancer Support Group: Monday., April 18, at 7 p.m.
For those unable to attend groups in-person, there are monthly Telephone Support Groups via toll-free teleconference, enabling women to participate regardless of their location and from the comfort of their homes. Call a few days ahead to learn how to participate.
- The Advanced Stage or Metastatic Breast Cancer Telephone Group will take place on Monday, April 4, at 8 p.m.
- The Ovarian Cancer Telephone Group will take place on Wednesday, April 13, at 8 p.m.
For a complete calendar of groups at all locations, visit www.supportconnection.org . Advance registration is required for all groups; call 914-962-6402 or 800-532-4290.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.