OSSINING, N.Y. -- Ossining's Teatown Lake Reservation will employ sharpshooters to kill up to 75 deer in an effort to maintain balance in the area's ecosystem, according to LoHud.com.
The steadily growing deer population in the area continues to eat trees, seeds and other plant life at a rate that impacts the entire ecosystem, including loss of bird life, according to LoHud.com.
Sharpshooters will kill the deer at night and the meat will be donated to charities that feed venison to the needy, LoHud.com reported.
- 1 NYPD Officer, Former Section 1 Basketball Star, Killed In Bronx Crash
- 2 Three Mohegan Lake Youths Charged With Ransacking Islamic Center
- 3 Westchester Attorney Charged With Stealing Over $1M From Escrow Accounts
- 4 Somers Businessman Charged With Loan, Tax Fraud
- 5 Westchester Customers Could Be Affected By Home Depot Credit Card Breach