OSSINING, N.Y. -- Ossining's Teatown Lake Reservation will employ sharpshooters to kill up to 75 deer in an effort to maintain balance in the area's ecosystem, according to LoHud.com.
The steadily growing deer population in the area continues to eat trees, seeds and other plant life at a rate that impacts the entire ecosystem, including loss of bird life, according to LoHud.com.
Sharpshooters will kill the deer at night and the meat will be donated to charities that feed venison to the needy, LoHud.com reported.
- 1 Slippery Roads Cause Numerous Accidents Throughout Westchester
- 2 Yorktown Man Driving 95 MPH Charged With DWI, Police Say
- 3 Early Morning Shooting At Cortlandt Manor Pub Under Investigation
- 4 Yorktown Central School District Will Be Closed Wednesday
- 5 Yorktown Could See 4-8 Inches Of Snow Wednesday