CORTLANDT, N.Y. - A vehicle driven by an 18-year-old woman overturned on Westbrook Drive in Cortlandt at about 12 p.m. Wednesday, Lake Mohegan Fire Department officials said.
The accident happened in front of 550 Westbrook Drive, Cortlandt. The woman reportedly refused medical attention from EMS personnel on the scene. She was the sole occupant of the vehicle.
Lake Mohegan Fire Chief Brian Wolert said the girl "took her eyes off the road for a second," before hitting a tree and shearing off a fire hydrant, which Wolert said caused her car to roll over and land on its roof. He said the girl lived nearby.
Wolert said New York State Police were on the scene, but police said they were unable to comment on the accident when The Daily Voice contacted the barracks at 1 p.m.
The accident was cleared approximately 45 minutes after the accident, said Wolert.
- 1 Police Warn Residents To Be On Lookout For Bear In Yorktown
- 2 Father Charged After Incident With Varsity Lacrosse Coach At Mahopac HS
- 3 Multi-Vehicle Accident Closes Taconic State Parkway
- 4 Serious Accident Takes Out Two Lanes On Taconic In Jefferson Valley
- 5 Daughters Of Edgemont Driver Of SUV In Fatal Crash Will Be On 'Today' Show