PEEKSKILL, N.Y. -- The driver of the truck that crashed into a bus carrying Peekskill comedian James McNair and left Saturday Night Live star Tracy Morgan in critical condition pleaded not guilty on Thursday to charges that he was sleep deprived the night of the accident, according to CNN.
Kevin Roper was driving a Walmart truck on the New Jersey Turnpike when he collided with the bus, was charged with vehicular homicide and assault by auto. Police reports allege Roper had been awake for more than 24 hours at the time of the crash, CNN said.
- 1 Man Charged With Driving Four Times Legal Limit In Route 6 Stop
- 2 Yorktown's Bruce Apar Set To Appear On Investigation Discovery
- 3 Woman Spits At, Kicks Westchester Officers During DWI Arrest, Say Police
- 4 Pleasantville Teen Is Sentenced In Crash That Killed Three
- 5 Thieves Stole Personal Data From 104,000 Taxpayers, IRS Says