PEEKSKILL, N.Y. -- The driver of the truck that crashed into a bus carrying Peekskill comedian James McNair and left Saturday Night Live star Tracy Morgan in critical condition pleaded not guilty on Thursday to charges that he was sleep deprived the night of the accident, according to CNN.
Kevin Roper was driving a Walmart truck on the New Jersey Turnpike when he collided with the bus, was charged with vehicular homicide and assault by auto. Police reports allege Roper had been awake for more than 24 hours at the time of the crash, CNN said.
- 1 State Police Warn Yorktown Residents Of Phone Scam
- 2 NYPD Detective Killed, Driver Injured In Wrong-Way Sprain Brook Crash
- 3 ESPN Writer's Son, 21, Missing At College In Upstate New York
- 4 Taconic State Parkway Stretch Reopens After Closure
- 5 Owner Of Yorktown's Turco's Market Has Side Pet Project