PEEKSKILL, N.Y. -- Metropolitan Transit Authority Police have identified the man who was struck and killed by a train in Peekskill on Monday.
Osim Rivera, a 48-year-old Peekskill resident, was the man who was hit by a 1:50 a.m. Hudson Line train traveling from Grand Central to Poughkeepsie, according to MTA spokeswoman Marjorie Anders.
Anders said Rivera was a trespasser who was walking north along the tracks and was hit from behind. Rivera did not have any identification on him.
The investigation remains open and active, Anders said.
- 1 Trump's Presidential Run Puts Spotlight On His Northern Westchester Estate
- 2 Man, 24, Killed In Sprain Brook Parkway One-Car Crash ID'd
- 3 From Lakeland HS To Country's Biggest Stage, Jessica Lynn Continues Rise
- 4 Shark Sightings Lead To Beach Closure On Long Island
- 5 Plane Crashes After Takeoff In Wappingers Falls