PEEKSKILL, N.Y. -- Metropolitan Transit Authority Police have identified the man who was struck and killed by a train in Peekskill on Monday.
Osim Rivera, a 48-year-old Peekskill resident, was the man who was hit by a 1:50 a.m. Hudson Line train traveling from Grand Central to Poughkeepsie, according to MTA spokeswoman Marjorie Anders.
Anders said Rivera was a trespasser who was walking north along the tracks and was hit from behind. Rivera did not have any identification on him.
The investigation remains open and active, Anders said.
- 1 Police Warn Residents To Be On Lookout For Bear In Yorktown
- 2 Two Westchester Private Schools Rank Among 'Smartest' In Nation
- 3 Snow Could Be Returning To Yorktown
- 4 State Police Search For Suspect In Cortlandt Gas Station Robbery
- 5 Father Charged After Incident With Varsity Lacrosse Coach At Mahopac HS