PEEKSKILL, N.Y. -- Metropolitan Transit Authority Police have identified the man who was struck and killed by a train in Peekskill on Monday.
Osim Rivera, a 48-year-old Peekskill resident, was the man who was hit by a 1:50 a.m. Hudson Line train traveling from Grand Central to Poughkeepsie, according to MTA spokeswoman Marjorie Anders.
Anders said Rivera was a trespasser who was walking north along the tracks and was hit from behind. Rivera did not have any identification on him.
The investigation remains open and active, Anders said.
- 1 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Yorktown, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 2 18 Inches Of Snow Now Possible In Yorktown; Blizzard Warning Issued
- 3 Yorktown Dodges Worst Of Nor'ester
- 4 Accidents Reported On Taconic State Parkway, Bear Mountain Bridge Road
- 5 Yorktown Central Schools Closed, Lakeland Will Have Early Dismissal