OSSINING, N.Y. -- Sharpshooters killed 11 deer at Ossining's Teatown Lake Reservation last month as part of a cull to maintain balance within the area's ecosystem, according to LoHud.com.
Teatown had received a permit to euthanize as many as 75 deer, but had said they planned on keeping the number closer to 30. Teatown officials said the number was so low due to cold weather and snow, LoHud.com reported.
- 1 Second Arrest Made In Animal Cruelty Case Involving Mohegan Lake Pet Shop Owner
- 2 Two Medical Marijuana Licenses Granted In Westchester
- 3 Serious Accident Takes Out Two Lanes On Taconic State Parkway
- 4 Police Officer From Mohegan Lake Sues Shoe Manufacturer After Injury
- 5 Yorktown Residents Get To See Blue Moon Friday Night