OSSINING, N.Y. -- Sharpshooters killed 11 deer at Ossining's Teatown Lake Reservation last month as part of a cull to maintain balance within the area's ecosystem, according to LoHud.com.
Teatown had received a permit to euthanize as many as 75 deer, but had said they planned on keeping the number closer to 30. Teatown officials said the number was so low due to cold weather and snow, LoHud.com reported.
- 1 9-, 11-Year-Old Mohegan Lake Boys Charged In Burglaries
- 2 Yorktown Man, 66, Charged With Distributing Crystal Meth
- 3 Man Is Charged With Shooting Arrows At Mohegan Lake Adult Home Employee
- 4 Body Found In Hudson River Near West Point
- 5 Lakeland/Panas Product Takes Maryland To NCAA Women's Final Four