OSSINING, N.Y. -- Sharpshooters killed 11 deer at Ossining's Teatown Lake Reservation last month as part of a cull to maintain balance within the area's ecosystem, according to LoHud.com.
Teatown had received a permit to euthanize as many as 75 deer, but had said they planned on keeping the number closer to 30. Teatown officials said the number was so low due to cold weather and snow, LoHud.com reported.
- 1 15-Year-Old Yorktown Boy Charged With Making Threat Against School
- 2 Three Mohegan Lake Youths Charged With Ransacking Islamic Center
- 3 Dante's III In Yorktown Heights Is Changing Owners
- 4 Police Locate Threats Against Yorktown, LI Schools Made On Yik Yak App
- 5 Westchester Attorney Charged With Stealing Over $1M From Escrow Accounts