OSSINING, N.Y. -- Sharpshooters killed 11 deer at Ossining's Teatown Lake Reservation last month as part of a cull to maintain balance within the area's ecosystem, according to LoHud.com.
Teatown had received a permit to euthanize as many as 75 deer, but had said they planned on keeping the number closer to 30. Teatown officials said the number was so low due to cold weather and snow, LoHud.com reported.
- 1 Firefighters Contain Blaze At Kohl's In Cortlandt
- 2 Yorktown Heights FD Provides Aid In Blaze That Injures Somers Contractor
- 3 Yorktown Seventh-Grader Emerges As Budding Music Star
- 4 Yorktown FD Assists In Battling Two-Alarm Blaze In Somers
- 5 Mohegan Lake Fire Department Assists In Battling Mahopac Blaze