OSSINING, N.Y. -- Sharpshooters killed 11 deer at Ossining's Teatown Lake Reservation last month as part of a cull to maintain balance within the area's ecosystem, according to LoHud.com.
Teatown had received a permit to euthanize as many as 75 deer, but had said they planned on keeping the number closer to 30. Teatown officials said the number was so low due to cold weather and snow, LoHud.com reported.
- 1 Yorktown Heights Resident Indicted In Metro-North Test Cheating Ring
- 2 Yorktown Man Charged With Shoplifting Thermometers
- 3 Restaurateur Found Guilty Of Forcibly Touching Waitress
- 4 Former Exec From PepsiCo In Purchase Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust
- 5 Service Dog Stolen From Car In Cortlandt Town Center