YORKTOWN, N.Y. – Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Day is a federal holiday and local government and other municipal buildings, including Yorktown Town Hall, are closed Monday.
All Yorktown Central School and Lakeland Central School District schools also will be closed for students and teachers, as will the John C. Hart Memorial Library.
Additionally, all U.S. Post Offices will be closed and there will be no mail delivery.
Most banks will be closed. Check with your individual bank to find out if it will be open.
There will not be any trash or recycling collections, according Kim Angliss-Gage, the town's recycling coordinator.
Residents who typically have trash collected Monday and Thursday will be picked up Tuesday and Thursday this week. Tuesday and Friday collections have been switched to Wednesday and Friday. For recycling, sections 1 and 7 will be collected Tuesday and section 6 Wednesday.
Most stores will be open Monday, including supermarkets and restaurants.
- 1 Mohegan Lake Man Breaks Nose Of Former Employee, Police Say
- 2 Two Women, Man Charged In Jefferson Valley Mall Parking Lot Heroin Bust
- 3 Police In Search Of Three Missing Teens Who May Be In Westchester
- 4 Amber Alert Issued For 5-Year-Old Forcibly Taken By Two Men
- 5 Yorktown Family Looking For Missing Dog Zero