YORKTOWN, N.Y. -- Presidents Day is a federal holiday and local government and other municipal buildings, including Yorktown Town Hall, are closed Monday.
All Yorktown Central School and Lakeland Central School District schools also will be closed for students and teachers, as will the John C. Hart Memorial Library.
Additionally, all U.S. Post Offices will be closed and there will be no mail delivery.
Garbage in Yorktown will be picked up regularly Monday, despite the holiday. Recycling, however, will not be collected, according Kim Angliss-Gage, the town's recycling coordinator.
Sections 1 and 7 will have recycling collected Tuesday; Section 6 on Wednesday; Sections 2 and 3 on Thursday (no change); and Sections 4 and 5 on Friday (no change).
Metro-North Railroad will operate on a Saturday schedule. Hudson Rail Link, the Newburgh-Beacon Ferry and the Haverstraw-Ossining Ferry will not operate.
Most stores will be open Monday, including supermarkets and restaurants.
- 1 Police Search For Missing Teen With Medical Needs
- 2 Woman Spits At, Kicks Westchester Officers During DWI Arrest, Say Police
- 3 Pleasantville Teen Is Sentenced In Crash That Killed Three
- 4 Yorktown's Bruce Apar Set To Appear On Investigation Discovery
- 5 Man Charged With Driving Four Times Legal Limit In Route 6 Stop