YORKTOWN, N.Y. -- Presidents Day is a federal holiday and local government and other municipal buildings, including Yorktown Town Hall, are closed Monday.
All Yorktown Central School and Lakeland Central School District schools also will be closed for students and teachers, as will the John C. Hart Memorial Library.
Additionally, all U.S. Post Offices will be closed and there will be no mail delivery.
Garbage in Yorktown will be picked up regularly Monday, despite the holiday. Recycling, however, will not be collected, according Kim Angliss-Gage, the town's recycling coordinator.
Sections 1 and 7 will have recycling collected Tuesday; Section 6 on Wednesday; Sections 2 and 3 on Thursday (no change); and Sections 4 and 5 on Friday (no change).
Metro-North Railroad will operate on a Saturday schedule. Hudson Rail Link, the Newburgh-Beacon Ferry and the Haverstraw-Ossining Ferry will not operate.
Most stores will be open Monday, including supermarkets and restaurants.
- 1 NYPD Officer, Former Section 1 Basketball Star, Killed In Bronx Crash
- 2 Three Mohegan Lake Youths Charged With Ransacking Islamic Center
- 3 Westchester Attorney Charged With Stealing Over $1M From Escrow Accounts
- 4 Somers Businessman Charged With Loan, Tax Fraud
- 5 Westchester Customers Could Be Affected By Home Depot Credit Card Breach