YORKTOWN, N.Y. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Yorktown this week:
- Yorktown Councilman Terrence Murphy announced he is seeking the Republication nomination for the state senate seat in the 40th District now held by Greg Ball.
- Voters in the Yorktown School District overwhelmingly approved the 2014-2015 budget, 1,146-369.
- State Sen. Greg Ball, through his lawyer, Joseph Tacopina, sent Assemblyman Steve Katz a letter threatening him with a lawsuit if he continues to imply Ball is under investigation for misusing campaign funds.
- A 24-year-old man was arrested Sunday and charged with driving while intoxicated after an investigation into a car accident on the Sprain Brook Parkway.
- A Somers High School junior varsity boys lacrosse player has been kicked off his team and suspended from school after shouting a racial epithet as several black female students earlier this month, News 12 Westchester reports.
- 1 Police Charge Yorktown Woman In Fraud Case After Facebook Tip
- 2 Drowning Victim, 22, ID'd; Stepson Of Schools Superintendent
- 3 Trader Joe's Considering Yorktown Location, Chamber Says
- 4 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 5 State Police Charge Pair In Route 35 DWI Checkpoint