YORKTOWN, N.Y. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Yorktown this week:
- Yorktown Councilman Terrence Murphy announced he is seeking the Republication nomination for the state senate seat in the 40th District now held by Greg Ball.
- Voters in the Yorktown School District overwhelmingly approved the 2014-2015 budget, 1,146-369.
- State Sen. Greg Ball, through his lawyer, Joseph Tacopina, sent Assemblyman Steve Katz a letter threatening him with a lawsuit if he continues to imply Ball is under investigation for misusing campaign funds.
- A 24-year-old man was arrested Sunday and charged with driving while intoxicated after an investigation into a car accident on the Sprain Brook Parkway.
- A Somers High School junior varsity boys lacrosse player has been kicked off his team and suspended from school after shouting a racial epithet as several black female students earlier this month, News 12 Westchester reports.
- 1 Man Charged With Driving Four Times Legal Limit In Route 6 Stop
- 2 Yorktown's Bruce Apar Set To Appear On Investigation Discovery
- 3 Woman Spits At, Kicks Westchester Officers During DWI Arrest, Say Police
- 4 Pleasantville Teen Is Sentenced In Crash That Killed Three
- 5 Thieves Stole Personal Data From 104,000 Taxpayers, IRS Says