YORKTOWN, N.Y. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Yorktown this week:
- The Yorktown Heights Fire Department extinguished a basement fire at 3350 Gomer Street.
- After working for 30 years at Yorktown's John C. Hart Memorial Library, Sandra Norman has announced her retirement.
- Route 35 is now open in both directions after an accident at the intersection of Route 100 in Somers.
- Hudson Valley Hospital Center of Cortlandt Manor welcomed its first newborn of 2014 on New Year's Day at 5:35 p.m.
- A Winter Storm Warning remains in effect until Friday at 1 p.m. with heavy snow, strong winds and dangerous wind chills in Westchester County, according to the National Weather Service.
- 1 Fiery Head-On Collision Leads To DWI Charges For Two Yorktown Residents
- 2 Cousin Charged In Death Of 5-Year-Old Subject Of Amber Alert
- 3 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Yorktown
- 4 Knife-Wielding Mohegan Lake Man Threatens Good Samaritan, Say Police
- 5 NYPD Officers' Ambush-Style Killings Spark Outrage In Westchester