YORKTOWN, N.Y. - Flu Shots will be available Wednesday at Yorktown Town Hall for residents, town employees and families, the town announced.
The shots will be administered between 3 and 5 p.m. by Dr. Richard Klein in the Town Board Meeting Room. The fee is $25, cash only.
There have been more than twice as many cases of the flu this year than in the 2010-2011 season, and on Saturday, New York State declared a state of emergency.
“We are experiencing the worst flu season since at least 2009, and influenza activity in New York State is widespread, with cases reported in all 57 counties and all five boroughs of New York City,” said Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo in a statement.
County Executive Robert Astorino and Health Commissioner Sherlita Amler are advising residents who have not already done so to get their flu shot.
- 1 Mohegan Lake Man Breaks Nose Of Former Employee, Police Say
- 2 Two Women, Man Charged In Jefferson Valley Mall Parking Lot Heroin Bust
- 3 Police In Search Of Three Missing Teens Who May Be In Westchester
- 4 Amber Alert Issued For 5-Year-Old Forcibly Taken By Two Men
- 5 Yorktown Family Looking For Missing Dog Zero