YORKTOWN, N.Y. - Flu Shots will be available Wednesday at Yorktown Town Hall for residents, town employees and families, the town announced.
The shots will be administered between 3 and 5 p.m. by Dr. Richard Klein in the Town Board Meeting Room. The fee is $25, cash only.
There have been more than twice as many cases of the flu this year than in the 2010-2011 season, and on Saturday, New York State declared a state of emergency.
“We are experiencing the worst flu season since at least 2009, and influenza activity in New York State is widespread, with cases reported in all 57 counties and all five boroughs of New York City,” said Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo in a statement.
County Executive Robert Astorino and Health Commissioner Sherlita Amler are advising residents who have not already done so to get their flu shot.
- 1 Four Charged In Yorktown After Alleged Gang Assault
- 2 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 3 Former Exec From PepsiCo In Purchase Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust
- 4 Teenager Identified In Fatal Sprain Brook Crash
- 5 July 4 Terror Warning Security Measures In Westchester Detailed