YORKTOWN, N.Y. - Flu Shots will be available Wednesday at Yorktown Town Hall for residents, town employees and families, the town announced.
The shots will be administered between 3 and 5 p.m. by Dr. Richard Klein in the Town Board Meeting Room. The fee is $25, cash only.
There have been more than twice as many cases of the flu this year than in the 2010-2011 season, and on Saturday, New York State declared a state of emergency.
“We are experiencing the worst flu season since at least 2009, and influenza activity in New York State is widespread, with cases reported in all 57 counties and all five boroughs of New York City,” said Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo in a statement.
County Executive Robert Astorino and Health Commissioner Sherlita Amler are advising residents who have not already done so to get their flu shot.
- 1 Yorktown Man, 66, Charged With Distributing Crystal Meth
- 2 9-, 11-Year-Old Mohegan Lake Boys Charged In Burglaries
- 3 Man Is Charged With Shooting Arrows At Mohegan Lake Adult Home Employee
- 4 Lakeland/Panas Product Takes Maryland To NCAA Women's Final Four
- 5 Deer Defense Group Sues Westchester County To Halt Hunting Plans