YORKTOWN, N.Y. - A Peekskill man was hospitalized Monday night after police said he was assaulted with a metal flashlight outside of BJ's Wholesale Club.
Police responded to the Crompond Road store at 8:08 p.m. on reports of an altercation outside the main entrance. The suspect, Jorge Lopez, 44, of the Bronx, allegedly struck the victim several times in the head with a flashlight before driving off in a silver Chevrolet, according to the report.
The victim was transported to Hudson Valley Hospital and treated for head injuries, police said.
Lopez, 44, was stopped about 8:25 p.m. on the Taconic State Parkway and charged with felony assault in the second degree and misdemeanor criminal possession of a weapon in the fourth degree.
Lopez was released on $2,500 cash bail and is due back in court at 6 p.m. Thursday.
- 1 Fiery Head-On Collision Leads To DWI Charges For Two Yorktown Residents
- 2 Cousin Charged In Death Of 5-Year-Old Subject Of Amber Alert
- 3 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Yorktown
- 4 Knife-Wielding Mohegan Lake Man Threatens Good Samaritan, Say Police
- 5 NYPD Officers' Ambush-Style Killings Spark Outrage In Westchester