YORKTOWN, N.Y. - A Peekskill man was hospitalized Monday night after police said he was assaulted with a metal flashlight outside of BJ's Wholesale Club.
Police responded to the Crompond Road store at 8:08 p.m. on reports of an altercation outside the main entrance. The suspect, Jorge Lopez, 44, of the Bronx, allegedly struck the victim several times in the head with a flashlight before driving off in a silver Chevrolet, according to the report.
The victim was transported to Hudson Valley Hospital and treated for head injuries, police said.
Lopez, 44, was stopped about 8:25 p.m. on the Taconic State Parkway and charged with felony assault in the second degree and misdemeanor criminal possession of a weapon in the fourth degree.
Lopez was released on $2,500 cash bail and is due back in court at 6 p.m. Thursday.
- 1 Police Charge Yorktown Woman In Fraud Case After Facebook Tip
- 2 Drowning Victim, 22, ID'd; Stepson Of Schools Superintendent
- 3 Trader Joe's Considering Yorktown Location, Chamber Says
- 4 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 5 State Police Charge Pair In Route 35 DWI Checkpoint