YORKTOWN, N.Y. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Yorktown last week:
- The 9U Yorktown Rebels won the Westchester Baseball Association's spring championship.
- The Yorktown Town Board failed to approve a natural gas pipeline to be constructed on Stony Street in Shrub Oak, according to a report by The Examiner.
- A Briarcliff Manor woman was arrested on the Taconic State Parkway on a misdemeanor driving while intoxicated charge, New York State Police said.
- New York State Police recovered the body of an elderly Somers man, Emmanual Valsamakis, 81, who jumped from the Bear Mountain Bridge , according to LoHud.com.
- New York State Police from the Somers barracks charged a man with making obscene comments to children in a supermarket, police officials said.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.