YORKTOWN, N.Y. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Yorktown this week:
- A 39-year-old Yorktown man, who was a former tennis instructor and a registered sex offender, has been sentenced to 35 years in prison after being convicted of possession of child pornography and abusing a 15-year-old boy.
- New York State Police conducted a distracted driving detail and issued more than 40 tickets, including 13 speeding tickets, 12 cellphone violations, one marijuana possession violation and 16 various traffic infractions on Routes 6 and 9 in Cortlandt on Monday, March 31, police officials said.
- New York State Police from Somers arrested a man after he allegedly made comments in a bank that led employees to believe he intended to rob it, police officials said.
- A 14-year-old boy was arrested and charged with phoning in a false bomb threat to Walter Panas High School in Cortlandt Manor, Westchester County Police said.
- 1 9-, 11-Year-Old Mohegan Lake Boys Charged In Burglaries
- 2 Man Is Charged With Shooting Arrows At Mohegan Lake Adult Home Employee
- 3 Body Found In Hudson River Near West Point
- 4 Lakeland/Panas Product Takes Maryland To NCAA Women's Final Four
- 5 Deer Defense Group Sues Westchester County To Halt Hunting Plans