YORKTOWN, N.Y. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Yorktown last week:
- Firefighters were able to contain a blaze that originated in a Yorktown Chinese restaurant in the Roma Building at Yorktown Triangle Intersection on Wednesday night, Aug., 6, but smoke damaged several neighboring businesses, according to News 12 Westchester.
- A man and a woman were killed Monday night, Aug. 4, in separate accidents on the Taconic State Parkway. The man who was killed has been identified as Joseph Nagy, a 28-year-old Croton-on-Hudson resident, according to a report on LoHud.com.
- Yorktown police have arrested and charged Monica I. Persad, a 30-year-old Richmond Hills, N.Y., resident, on charges of driving while intoxicated and failure to maintain lane, a traffic infraction, on Saturday, Aug. 2.
- Westchester County legislators want to ensure a proposed pipeline that would run into Peekskill, Cortlandt and Yorktown is totally safe.
- 1 Winter Storm Watch Issued For Yorktown On Wednesday
- 2 Yorktown Man Driving 95 MPH Charged With DWI, Police Say
- 3 Yorktown Man Charged After Car Accident At Gas Station Tops News Last Week
- 4 Three Lakeland High School Athletes Sign College Letters Of Intent
- 5 Multi-Vehicle Accident Reported On Peekskill Hollow Road