YORKTOWN, N.Y. -- A Yorktown High School student is a recipient of the 2014 Jandon Scholarship.
The Westchester County Board of Legislators and Donald and Jane Cecil, founders of the Jandon Scholarship, honored Arielle Ponder along with 14 other recipients on Wednesday, May 21.
The Cecil family also announced that the award funding will increase from $10,000 to $12,000.
The Jandon Scholars program was established by the Cecils in 1999 to provide academic scholarships for Westchester public high school students with limited financial resources. It has awarded over $2 million in scholarships to 200 college students to date.
Ponder plans to attend SUNY New Paltz.
- 1 Motorcyclist, 29, Killed In Taconic State Parkway Crash In Yorktown Is ID'd
- 2 Yorktown's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 3 Weekly Poll: Political '14
- 4 Michael Douglas, Catherine Zeta-Jones Buy New Westchester Home
- 5 Yorktown Student Is Basis Of Discussion At Pleasantville's Jacob Burns