YORKTOWN, N.Y. -- A Yorktown High School student is a recipient of the 2014 Jandon Scholarship.
The Westchester County Board of Legislators and Donald and Jane Cecil, founders of the Jandon Scholarship, honored Arielle Ponder along with 14 other recipients on Wednesday, May 21.
The Cecil family also announced that the award funding will increase from $10,000 to $12,000.
The Jandon Scholars program was established by the Cecils in 1999 to provide academic scholarships for Westchester public high school students with limited financial resources. It has awarded over $2 million in scholarships to 200 college students to date.
Ponder plans to attend SUNY New Paltz.
- 1 Yorktown Man, 66, Charged With Distributing Crystal Meth
- 2 Yorktown Woman Faces DWI, Drug Possession Charges
- 3 Somers Woman Charged With Violating Order Of Protection, Resisting Arrest
- 4 Airbag Recall Is Largest Ever In Auto History
- 5 Bank Teller Pleads Guilty To Stealing $1.4M From Westchester Depositors