YORKTOWN, N.Y. -- A Yorktown High School student is a recipient of the 2014 Jandon Scholarship.
The Westchester County Board of Legislators and Donald and Jane Cecil, founders of the Jandon Scholarship, honored Arielle Ponder along with 14 other recipients on Wednesday, May 21.
The Cecil family also announced that the award funding will increase from $10,000 to $12,000.
The Jandon Scholars program was established by the Cecils in 1999 to provide academic scholarships for Westchester public high school students with limited financial resources. It has awarded over $2 million in scholarships to 200 college students to date.
Ponder plans to attend SUNY New Paltz.
- 1 Winter Storm Watch Issued For Yorktown On Wednesday
- 2 Yorktown Man Charged After Car Accident At Gas Station Tops News Last Week
- 3 Three Lakeland High School Athletes Sign College Letters Of Intent
- 4 Multi-Vehicle Accident Reported On Peekskill Hollow Road
- 5 Yorktown Man Driving 95 MPH Charged With DWI, Police Say