YORKTOWN, N.Y. -- A Yorktown High School student is a recipient of the 2014 Jandon Scholarship.
The Westchester County Board of Legislators and Donald and Jane Cecil, founders of the Jandon Scholarship, honored Arielle Ponder along with 14 other recipients on Wednesday, May 21.
The Cecil family also announced that the award funding will increase from $10,000 to $12,000.
The Jandon Scholars program was established by the Cecils in 1999 to provide academic scholarships for Westchester public high school students with limited financial resources. It has awarded over $2 million in scholarships to 200 college students to date.
Ponder plans to attend SUNY New Paltz.
- 1 Yorktown Heights Resident Indicted In Metro-North Test Cheating Ring
- 2 Yorktown Man Charged With Shoplifting Thermometers
- 3 Four Charged In Yorktown After Alleged Gang Assault
- 4 Restaurateur Found Guilty Of Forcibly Touching Waitress
- 5 Former Exec From PepsiCo In Purchase Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust