YORKTOWN, N.Y. -- Yorktown Supervisor Michael Grace's second attempt to fill a vacancy on the Town Board fell short during a recent meeting, according to theexaminernews.com.
Grace is trying to fill the vacancy left by Dave Paganelli, who was elected highway superintendent, with Rich Campanaro, who finished third in the November Town Board election, theexaminernews.com reported.
Other municipalities have apparently appointed third-place finishers to the board in the event of a vacancy, but local law prohibits Yorktown from doing so, theexaminernews.com said.
- 1 Mohegan Lake Man, Pastoral Council VP, Faces Child Porn Charges
- 2 Nearly 1M Bicycles Recalled After Rider Is Paralyzed
- 3 Mother Of Croton Child Who Died Upgraded To Serious Condition
- 4 Westchester Schools Reporting High Opt-Out Rates On State Math Tests
- 5 Mahopac Father Who Allegedly Hit Coach Faces New Charge