YORKTOWN, N.Y. -- Yorktown Supervisor Michael Grace's second attempt to fill a vacancy on the Town Board fell short during a recent meeting, according to theexaminernews.com.
Grace is trying to fill the vacancy left by Dave Paganelli, who was elected highway superintendent, with Rich Campanaro, who finished third in the November Town Board election, theexaminernews.com reported.
Other municipalities have apparently appointed third-place finishers to the board in the event of a vacancy, but local law prohibits Yorktown from doing so, theexaminernews.com said.
- 1 NYPD Officer, Former Section 1 Basketball Star, Killed In Bronx Crash
- 2 Westchester Attorney Charged With Stealing Over $1M From Escrow Accounts
- 3 Somers Businessman Charged With Loan, Tax Fraud
- 4 Serious Multi-Vehicle Accident Closes Saw Mill River Parkway
- 5 Police: Drugs, Alcohol May Have Been Involved In Verplanck Woman's Death