YORKTOWN, N.Y. -- Yorktown Supervisor Michael Grace's second attempt to fill a vacancy on the Town Board fell short during a recent meeting, according to theexaminernews.com.
Grace is trying to fill the vacancy left by Dave Paganelli, who was elected highway superintendent, with Rich Campanaro, who finished third in the November Town Board election, theexaminernews.com reported.
Other municipalities have apparently appointed third-place finishers to the board in the event of a vacancy, but local law prohibits Yorktown from doing so, theexaminernews.com said.
- 1 Fiery Head-On Collision Leads To DWI Charges For Two Yorktown Residents
- 2 Cousin Charged In Death Of 5-Year-Old Subject Of Amber Alert
- 3 Mohegan Lake Man Breaks Nose Of Former Employee, Police Say
- 4 Yorktown Man Who Crashes Into Pole Charged With DWI, Police Say
- 5 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Yorktown