YORKTOWN, N.Y. -- Yorktown Supervisor Michael Grace's second attempt to fill a vacancy on the Town Board fell short during a recent meeting, according to theexaminernews.com.
Grace is trying to fill the vacancy left by Dave Paganelli, who was elected highway superintendent, with Rich Campanaro, who finished third in the November Town Board election, theexaminernews.com reported.
Other municipalities have apparently appointed third-place finishers to the board in the event of a vacancy, but local law prohibits Yorktown from doing so, theexaminernews.com said.
- 1 Second Arrest Made In Animal Cruelty Case Involving Mohegan Lake Pet Shop Owner
- 2 Two Medical Marijuana Licenses Granted In Westchester
- 3 Serious Accident Takes Out Two Lanes On Taconic State Parkway
- 4 Police Officer From Mohegan Lake Sues Shoe Manufacturer After Injury
- 5 Drenching Thunderstorms Headed To Yorktown