YORKTOWN, N.Y. -- Citizens for an Informed Yorktown chronicled the details of a Yorktown Town Board work session on May 10.
The meeting highlights were:
- Downing Park (Route 202) Ballfields: Yorktown Supervisor Michael Grace said he wasn’t ready to spend town funds for the renovation and upgrade of the Route 202 ballfields. He wants more information on available funds and a master plan from the Recreation Commission before allocating any funds.
- Sultana Pool: Grace indicated that an unidentified private party was interested in purchasing the pool, but as an act of good faith, the town first had to assess the pool’s condition.
- Yorktown Trail Town Committee/Mohansic Trailway Connection: The committee is requesting $19,368 in town funds to supplement a $7,500 Hudson Valley Greenway grant to construct an unpaved trail along the old railroad right of way from Route 118 at Downing Drive to Baldwin Road. While in support of the project, but before authorizing any funds, the supervisor wanted some legal issues cleared up.
- Hess Station, Route 202: The station is being, or has been changed, to a Sunoco station, and new signage is needed.
- RPG Rezoning, Lexington Avenue: The applicant showed the board a revised plan with only eight units. The board was supportive of the plan and will reconvene the rezoning hearing on May 17.
For a summary of all agenda items, visit http://ciyinfo.org/ .
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.