YORKTOWN, N.Y. – A Yorktown woman died Friday in Orange County when she fell backward about 50 feet from a scenic rock ledge that overlooks the Delaware River.
New York State Police in Middletown, N.Y., said Dominique Silvestry, 26, was sitting on an overlook along Hawk's Nest on Route 97 in the Town of Deerpark about 2:50 a.m. when she apparently lost her balance and fell. She struck her head on rocks below, and her neck was broken, police said.
Silvestry reportedly was sitting with her best friend, whom she was visiting. They had spent the night singing karaoke.
The City of Port Jervis and the Sparrowbush Fire Department assisted police at the scene with recovering Silvestry's body.
Silvestry, a Yorktown High School graduate who lived on Columbine Court in Yorktown, had graduated from Binghamton University and was pursuing a career in physical therapy. She worked for about a year as a part-time administrator at Century 21 Mulvey Real Estate in Yorktown. Her mother, Raquel MacGregor, is director at The Learning Garden Day Care Center in Yorktown.
- 1 Firefighters Contain Blaze At Kohl's In Cortlandt
- 2 Yorktown Man, 19, Charged After Car Accident At Gas Station, Police Say
- 3 IRS Warns Yorktown Residents Of Phone Scam
- 4 County Police Charge Man With Having 130 Bags Of Heroin
- 5 Four Standouts From State Champ Yorktown HS Sign To Play College Lacrosse