YORKTOWN, N.Y. -- When it comes to free small coffee at McDonald's, Yorktown residents are loving it.
For two weeks, from March 31 through April 13, all McDonald's nationwide are offering a free small cup of McDonald's coffee with no purchase necessary.
If everyone from Westchester were to claim their free McDonald’s coffee that would be approximately 968,802 cups according to U.S. census data.
In Yorktown, residents applauded the idea of a free cup of joe.
"It's a great idea," Gina DiPaterio, a restaurateur said. "Why not? You want people to come in and you have to give them a reason to visit."
Paul DiPaterio said it was just a gimmick to get people into the store.
"It always works in the beginning," DiPaterio, a restaurateur said. "But then everyone will just go back to where they normally go.
Bill Primavera said offering free coffee is a good way to endear yourself to the community while Mike Popp said this could get him into a McDonald's.
"I don't eat fast food or McDonald's, but I would try a free coffee," Popp said.
- 1 Fiery Head-On Collision Leads To DWI Charges For Two Yorktown Residents
- 2 Cousin Charged In Death Of 5-Year-Old Subject Of Amber Alert
- 3 Mohegan Lake Man Breaks Nose Of Former Employee, Police Say
- 4 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Yorktown
- 5 Knife-Wielding Mohegan Lake Man Threatens Good Samaritan, Say Police