YORKTOWN HEIGHTS, N.Y. - Elaine Margaret Bigwood Boylan of Yorktown Heights died July 16. She was 71.
Boylan was born in Burlington, Vt., to Robert and Marion. She grew up in Queens Village and attended St. Vincent's Nursing School where she received her RN. After her marriage she moved to Yorktown Heights with her husband where they raised their children. She received her BS at Mercy College and an MS in Health Advocacy from Sarah Lawrence College. She worked as a patient advocate at Westchester Medical Center and then as the director of patient relations at White Plains Hospital.
Boylan is survived by her husband, James Boylan; children, Jennifer Smetana (Ron), Carolyn Moloney (Jamie), Nancy Boylan, James (Stacie), Daniel (Tandy), and Brendan (Megan); brother, Robert Bigwood; nine grandchildren; extended family; and many friends. She was predeceased by her parents; twin sister, Carol Bigwood Dolly; and grandson, Harris Boylan.
Calling hours are Wednesday, July 23 from 2 to 4 and 7 to 9 p.m. at Clark Funeral Home in Yorktown Heights. A funeral Mass will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Thursday, July 24 at St. Patrick's Stone Church. Interment at the Gate of Heaven Cemetery, Hawthorne.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to World Vision (www.world vision.org).
- 1 Trump's Presidential Run Puts Spotlight On His Northern Westchester Estate
- 2 Police Corral 90-Pound Alligator Crossing Street In New York City
- 3 Man, 24, Killed In Sprain Brook Parkway One-Car Crash ID'd
- 4 Man ID'd In I-87 Fatal Motorcycle Crash
- 5 From Lakeland HS To Country's Biggest Stage, Jessica Lynn Continues Rise