VERO BEACH, Fla. -- James Nicholas Taskalos Sr. of Vero Beach, formerly of Yorktown Heights, N.Y., died Monday, Aug. 4. He was 68.
Taskalos was born Oct. 28, 1945, in Hoboken, N.J., to Nicholas and Dorothy (Hatton) Taskalos. He was employed with the General Foods Corp. in Hoboken, N.J., and Philip Morris/Altria Corp. in New York. Upon his retirement in March 2008, after 40 years of employment in the tax department, he relocated from Yorktown Heights, N.Y., to Vero Beach.
Taskalos is survived by his wife, Marilyn F. (Muller) Taskalos of Vero Beach; sons, James N. Taskalos, Jr. (Joan) of Montvale, N.J., David J. Taskalos (Kimberly) of Allentown, Pa., Bryan W. Taskalos of Scranton, Pa., and Daniel T. Taskalos of San Diego, Calif.; and three grandchildren. He was predeceased by his parents.
Calling hours are Friday, Aug. 8, from 2-4 and 6-9 p.m. at Collins Funeral Home, 92 East Ave., Norwalk, Conn. A Mass of the Christian Burial will be celebrated Saturday, Aug. 9, at 10 a.m. in St. Francis of Assisi Church, 35 Norfield Road, Weston, Conn. Interment will follow in Hillside Cemetery, Ridgefield Road, Wilton, Conn.
In lieu of flowers, memorial gifts may be made to Wounded Warrior Project (www.woundedwarriorproject.org).
- 1 Nearly 1M Bicycles Recalled After Rider Is Paralyzed
- 2 Mohegan Lake Man, Pastoral Council VP, Faces Child Pornography Charges
- 3 Mother Of Croton Child Who Died Upgraded To Serious Condition
- 4 Westchester Schools Reporting High Opt-Out Rates On State Math Tests
- 5 Mahopac Father Who Allegedly Hit Coach Faces New Charge