VERO BEACH, Fla. -- James Nicholas Taskalos Sr. of Vero Beach, formerly of Yorktown Heights, N.Y., died Monday, Aug. 4. He was 68.
Taskalos was born Oct. 28, 1945, in Hoboken, N.J., to Nicholas and Dorothy (Hatton) Taskalos. He was employed with the General Foods Corp. in Hoboken, N.J., and Philip Morris/Altria Corp. in New York. Upon his retirement in March 2008, after 40 years of employment in the tax department, he relocated from Yorktown Heights, N.Y., to Vero Beach.
Taskalos is survived by his wife, Marilyn F. (Muller) Taskalos of Vero Beach; sons, James N. Taskalos, Jr. (Joan) of Montvale, N.J., David J. Taskalos (Kimberly) of Allentown, Pa., Bryan W. Taskalos of Scranton, Pa., and Daniel T. Taskalos of San Diego, Calif.; and three grandchildren. He was predeceased by his parents.
Calling hours are Friday, Aug. 8, from 2-4 and 6-9 p.m. at Collins Funeral Home, 92 East Ave., Norwalk, Conn. A Mass of the Christian Burial will be celebrated Saturday, Aug. 9, at 10 a.m. in St. Francis of Assisi Church, 35 Norfield Road, Weston, Conn. Interment will follow in Hillside Cemetery, Ridgefield Road, Wilton, Conn.
In lieu of flowers, memorial gifts may be made to Wounded Warrior Project (www.woundedwarriorproject.org).
- 1 Several Westchester Towns Ranked Among New York's Safest To Live In
- 2 15-Year-Old Yorktown Boy Charged With Making Threat Against School
- 3 Dante's III In Yorktown Heights Is Changing Owners
- 4 National Weather Service: Yorktown's Winter Won't Be So Bad
- 5 Police Locate Threats Against Yorktown, LI Schools Made On Yik Yak App