VERO BEACH, Fla. -- James Nicholas Taskalos Sr. of Vero Beach, formerly of Yorktown Heights, N.Y., died Monday, Aug. 4. He was 68.
Taskalos was born Oct. 28, 1945, in Hoboken, N.J., to Nicholas and Dorothy (Hatton) Taskalos. He was employed with the General Foods Corp. in Hoboken, N.J., and Philip Morris/Altria Corp. in New York. Upon his retirement in March 2008, after 40 years of employment in the tax department, he relocated from Yorktown Heights, N.Y., to Vero Beach.
Taskalos is survived by his wife, Marilyn F. (Muller) Taskalos of Vero Beach; sons, James N. Taskalos, Jr. (Joan) of Montvale, N.J., David J. Taskalos (Kimberly) of Allentown, Pa., Bryan W. Taskalos of Scranton, Pa., and Daniel T. Taskalos of San Diego, Calif.; and three grandchildren. He was predeceased by his parents.
Calling hours are Friday, Aug. 8, from 2-4 and 6-9 p.m. at Collins Funeral Home, 92 East Ave., Norwalk, Conn. A Mass of the Christian Burial will be celebrated Saturday, Aug. 9, at 10 a.m. in St. Francis of Assisi Church, 35 Norfield Road, Weston, Conn. Interment will follow in Hillside Cemetery, Ridgefield Road, Wilton, Conn.
In lieu of flowers, memorial gifts may be made to Wounded Warrior Project (www.woundedwarriorproject.org).
- 1 Fiery Head-On Collision Leads To DWI Charges For Two Yorktown Residents
- 2 Cousin Charged In Death Of 5-Year-Old Subject Of Amber Alert
- 3 Mohegan Lake Man Breaks Nose Of Former Employee, Police Say
- 4 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Yorktown
- 5 Knife-Wielding Mohegan Lake Man Threatens Good Samaritan, Say Police