YORKTOWN HEIGHTS, N.Y. - Janet Marie Nelson of Yorktown Heights died Saturday, March 29. She was 83.
Nelson was born Nov. 4, to Homer and Eva Bookstaver in Endicott. After graduation from High School, she attended Albany State University and graduated with a masters degree in English. She was a high school teacher in Philadelphia, Pa. She moved to Pleasant Valley in 1960 and then to Yorktown Heights in 1968. She was a frequent substitute teacher and assistant librarian in the Yorktown School district and worked as a proofreader for several years.
Nelson is survived by her husband, Robert Nelson; children, Jeff (Astrid) Walleck of Alexandria, Va., Scott (Kelly) Walleck of Hopewell Junction, Keith Walleck of Yorktown; step-children, Robert (Maureen) Nelson of Cumming, Ga., Laura (Brian) Bodie of Fla.; eight grandchildren; a niece and three nephews. She was predeceased by her parents; sister, Beverly Bookstaver; and brother, James Bookstaver.
A memorial service will be held from 4 to 8 p.m. Thursday, April 17 at Yorktown Funeral Home in Yorktown. She will be laid to rest Friday, April 18 in Vestal Hills Memorial Park Cemetery, Vestal.
- 1 Nearly 1M Bicycles Recalled After Rider Is Paralyzed
- 2 Mohegan Lake Man, Pastoral Council VP, Faces Child Porn Charges
- 3 Mother Of Croton Child Who Died Upgraded To Serious Condition
- 4 Westchester Schools Reporting High Opt-Out Rates On State Math Tests
- 5 Mahopac Father Who Allegedly Hit Coach Faces New Charge