YORKTOWN, N.Y. -- Former Yorktown resident Jean Catherine Gould Roos died on Monday, April 7 in her California home. She was 77.
Roos was born March 25, 1937, in Albany to Walter and Catherine Gould.
Roos was a stay-at-home mother while she raised her three children before going to work for New York State’s Division of Parole. She retired as a senior parole officer in 2001.
Roos is survived by her children, Tracey (Bob), Michelle and Ken (Wendy); her brothers Walter and Bert; her grandchildren, Tess, David, Kate, Niki and Trevor; her great-granddaughter, Ariya; and 18 nieces and nephews.
Burial will in Albany on Saturday, April 19 at Our Lady of Angels Cemetery on Central Avenue, followed by a celebration of Roos' at the Albany Hilton on Lodge Street at 3 p.m.
- 1 Trump's Presidential Run Puts Spotlight On His Northern Westchester Estate
- 2 Police Corral 90-Pound Alligator Crossing Street In New York City
- 3 Man, 24, Killed In Sprain Brook Parkway One-Car Crash ID'd
- 4 Man ID'd In I-87 Fatal Motorcycle Crash
- 5 From Lakeland HS To Country's Biggest Stage, Jessica Lynn Continues Rise