YORKTOWN, N.Y. -- Former Yorktown resident Jean Catherine Gould Roos died on Monday, April 7 in her California home. She was 77.
Roos was born March 25, 1937, in Albany to Walter and Catherine Gould.
Roos was a stay-at-home mother while she raised her three children before going to work for New York State’s Division of Parole. She retired as a senior parole officer in 2001.
Roos is survived by her children, Tracey (Bob), Michelle and Ken (Wendy); her brothers Walter and Bert; her grandchildren, Tess, David, Kate, Niki and Trevor; her great-granddaughter, Ariya; and 18 nieces and nephews.
Burial will in Albany on Saturday, April 19 at Our Lady of Angels Cemetery on Central Avenue, followed by a celebration of Roos' at the Albany Hilton on Lodge Street at 3 p.m.
- 1 Slippery Roads Cause Numerous Accidents Throughout Westchester
- 2 Yorktown Man Driving 95 MPH Charged With DWI, Police Say
- 3 Early Morning Shooting At Cortlandt Manor Pub Under Investigation
- 4 Yorktown Central School District Will Be Closed Wednesday
- 5 Yorktown Could See 4-8 Inches Of Snow Wednesday