YORKTOWN, N.Y. -- Former Yorktown resident Jean Catherine Gould Roos died on Monday, April 7 in her California home. She was 77.
Roos was born March 25, 1937, in Albany to Walter and Catherine Gould.
Roos was a stay-at-home mother while she raised her three children before going to work for New York State’s Division of Parole. She retired as a senior parole officer in 2001.
Roos is survived by her children, Tracey (Bob), Michelle and Ken (Wendy); her brothers Walter and Bert; her grandchildren, Tess, David, Kate, Niki and Trevor; her great-granddaughter, Ariya; and 18 nieces and nephews.
Burial will in Albany on Saturday, April 19 at Our Lady of Angels Cemetery on Central Avenue, followed by a celebration of Roos' at the Albany Hilton on Lodge Street at 3 p.m.
- 1 Police Charge Yorktown Woman In Fraud Case After Facebook Tip
- 2 Drowning Victim, 22, ID'd; Stepson Of Schools Superintendent
- 3 Trader Joe's Considering Yorktown Location, Chamber Says
- 4 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 5 State Police Charge Pair In Route 35 DWI Checkpoint