VALHALLA, N.Y. – John Carelli, formerly of Valhalla, died Nov. 12 at Putnam Hospital Center in Carmel. He was 85.
Born Aug. 20, 1927, in Yonkers to Santo and Maria Carelli, he served in the Army during World War II. He was a retired welder for the Westchester County Parks and Recreation Department in Eastchester.
Carelli is survived by his wife, Mary Sansalone Carelli, of Yorktown Heights; four daughters, Deborah (Thomas) Lewis, of Croton-on-Hudson, Jodi (Andrew) Kraus, of Northport, N.Y., Mary (Richard) Foley, of Mahopac, N.Y., and Jane (George) Gonda, of Montrose; a sister, Mary; nine grandchildren and six great-grandchildren. He was predeceased by two brothers and four sisters.
Visitation is from 3 to 7 p.m. Sunday at Hawthorne Funeral Home. A funeral Mass will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Monday at Holy Name of Jesus Church in Valhalla. Burial will follow at Gate of Heaven Cemetery in Hawthorne.
In lieu of flowers, memorial donations may be made to the American Cancer Society.
- 1 Fiery Head-On Collision Leads To DWI Charges For Two Yorktown Residents
- 2 Cousin Charged In Death Of 5-Year-Old Subject Of Amber Alert
- 3 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Yorktown
- 4 Knife-Wielding Mohegan Lake Man Threatens Good Samaritan, Say Police
- 5 NYPD Officers' Ambush-Style Killings Spark Outrage In Westchester