VALHALLA, N.Y. – John Carelli, formerly of Valhalla, died Nov. 12 at Putnam Hospital Center in Carmel. He was 85.
Born Aug. 20, 1927, in Yonkers to Santo and Maria Carelli, he served in the Army during World War II. He was a retired welder for the Westchester County Parks and Recreation Department in Eastchester.
Carelli is survived by his wife, Mary Sansalone Carelli, of Yorktown Heights; four daughters, Deborah (Thomas) Lewis, of Croton-on-Hudson, Jodi (Andrew) Kraus, of Northport, N.Y., Mary (Richard) Foley, of Mahopac, N.Y., and Jane (George) Gonda, of Montrose; a sister, Mary; nine grandchildren and six great-grandchildren. He was predeceased by two brothers and four sisters.
Visitation is from 3 to 7 p.m. Sunday at Hawthorne Funeral Home. A funeral Mass will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Monday at Holy Name of Jesus Church in Valhalla. Burial will follow at Gate of Heaven Cemetery in Hawthorne.
In lieu of flowers, memorial donations may be made to the American Cancer Society.
- 1 NYPD Officer, Former Section 1 Basketball Star, Killed In Bronx Crash
- 2 Westchester Attorney Charged With Stealing Over $1M From Escrow Accounts
- 3 Somers Businessman Charged With Loan, Tax Fraud
- 4 Westchester Customers Could Be Affected By Home Depot Credit Card Breach
- 5 Serious Multi-Vehicle Accident Closes Saw Mill River Parkway