YORKTOWN HEIGHTS, N.Y. - John Warren, Jr., a former resident of Yorktown Heights, died Saturday, May 3. He was 86.
Warren was born Feb. 5, 1928, in Newport News, Va., to John Warren, Sr. and Lula Diggs Warren. He retired as a chief engineer after 41 years from the U.S. Merchant Marines and served with the U.S. Coast Guard during World War II.
Warren is survived by his children, John Warren III (Antoinette) of Long Branch, Shirley (Robert) Eck of Lebanon, Pa., and William W. Warren, Sr. of Long Branch; two grandchildren; and three great-grandchildren. He was predeceased by his parents; wife, Helen; and son, Harry S. Warren.
Calling hours are Friday, May 9 from 10 a.m. until the funeral service at 12 p.m. at the Fiore Funeral Home, 882 Broadway, West Long Branch.
For more information, please visit: http://www.fiorefuneralhomes.com
- 1 Fiery Head-On Collision Leads To DWI Charges For Two Yorktown Residents
- 2 Cousin Charged In Death Of 5-Year-Old Subject Of Amber Alert
- 3 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Yorktown
- 4 Knife-Wielding Mohegan Lake Man Threatens Good Samaritan, Say Police
- 5 Ambush-Style Killings Of NYPD Officers Spark Outrage In Westchester