YORKTOWN HEIGHTS, N.Y. - John Warren, Jr., a former resident of Yorktown Heights, died Saturday, May 3. He was 86.
Warren was born Feb. 5, 1928, in Newport News, Va., to John Warren, Sr. and Lula Diggs Warren. He retired as a chief engineer after 41 years from the U.S. Merchant Marines and served with the U.S. Coast Guard during World War II.
Warren is survived by his children, John Warren III (Antoinette) of Long Branch, Shirley (Robert) Eck of Lebanon, Pa., and William W. Warren, Sr. of Long Branch; two grandchildren; and three great-grandchildren. He was predeceased by his parents; wife, Helen; and son, Harry S. Warren.
Calling hours are Friday, May 9 from 10 a.m. until the funeral service at 12 p.m. at the Fiore Funeral Home, 882 Broadway, West Long Branch.
For more information, please visit: http://www.fiorefuneralhomes.com
- 1 Assemblyman Katz Calls For Speaker Silver To Resign
- 2 Yorktown Could See Significant Snowfall, Ice From Coastal Storm
- 3 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Yorktown, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 4 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For Yorktown
- 5 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Westchester Sees 6-8 Inches Of Snow