YORKTOWN HEIGHTS, N.Y. - John Warren, Jr., a former resident of Yorktown Heights, died Saturday, May 3. He was 86.
Warren was born Feb. 5, 1928, in Newport News, Va., to John Warren, Sr. and Lula Diggs Warren. He retired as a chief engineer after 41 years from the U.S. Merchant Marines and served with the U.S. Coast Guard during World War II.
Warren is survived by his children, John Warren III (Antoinette) of Long Branch, Shirley (Robert) Eck of Lebanon, Pa., and William W. Warren, Sr. of Long Branch; two grandchildren; and three great-grandchildren. He was predeceased by his parents; wife, Helen; and son, Harry S. Warren.
Calling hours are Friday, May 9 from 10 a.m. until the funeral service at 12 p.m. at the Fiore Funeral Home, 882 Broadway, West Long Branch.
For more information, please visit: http://www.fiorefuneralhomes.com
- 1 Lockout Lifted At Peekskill Schools After Shooting Reported In Area
- 2 Westchester School Districts Reporting High Opt-Out Rates
- 3 Two Yorktown Men Charged With Marijuana Possession
- 4 Tractor-Trailer Carrying Fuel Crashes On Route 6N, Igniting Fire
- 5 Opt-Out Debate Rages As State Testing Begins In Westchester