YORKTOWN, N.Y. - Mary Louise Mace of Yorktown died July 4. She was 80.
Mace was the daughter of Fred R. Lyon and Edith Glendenning Lyon She was born and raised in Walton and graduated from Walton High School. She earned her Bachelor's degree in 1956 from Muskingum College in Ohio. She then received a Masters from the University of Albany.
After her marriage she moved with her husband to Yorktown in 1967, where both lived the rest of their lives. She worked as the head librarian for nearly three decades at Mt. Kisco Elementary School before she retired. She was a member of Mt. Kisco Presbyterian Church, the New York State Retired Teachers Association, and gave her time to many organizations in Westchester.
Mace is survived by her son, William Andrew Mace; daughter-in- law, Suzanne Mace; four grandchildren; and cousins. She was predeceased by her husband, William Alfred Mace, Jr.
Calling Hours are Friday, July 11 from 2 to 4 and 7 to 9 p.m. at Clark Funeral Home in Yorktown Heights. The Funeral will be held at Mt. Kisco Presbyterian Church Saturday, July 12 at 11 a.m. A Celebration of Mace's life will immediately follow the service.
- 1 Mohegan Lake Man Breaks Nose Of Former Employee, Police Say
- 2 Two Women, Man Charged In Jefferson Valley Mall Parking Lot Heroin Bust
- 3 Police In Search Of Three Missing Teens Who May Be In Westchester
- 4 Amber Alert Issued For 5-Year-Old Forcibly Taken By Two Men
- 5 Yorktown Family Looking For Missing Dog Zero