YORKTOWN, N.Y. - Mary Louise Mace of Yorktown died July 4. She was 80.
Mace was the daughter of Fred R. Lyon and Edith Glendenning Lyon She was born and raised in Walton and graduated from Walton High School. She earned her Bachelor's degree in 1956 from Muskingum College in Ohio. She then received a Masters from the University of Albany.
After her marriage she moved with her husband to Yorktown in 1967, where both lived the rest of their lives. She worked as the head librarian for nearly three decades at Mt. Kisco Elementary School before she retired. She was a member of Mt. Kisco Presbyterian Church, the New York State Retired Teachers Association, and gave her time to many organizations in Westchester.
Mace is survived by her son, William Andrew Mace; daughter-in- law, Suzanne Mace; four grandchildren; and cousins. She was predeceased by her husband, William Alfred Mace, Jr.
Calling Hours are Friday, July 11 from 2 to 4 and 7 to 9 p.m. at Clark Funeral Home in Yorktown Heights. The Funeral will be held at Mt. Kisco Presbyterian Church Saturday, July 12 at 11 a.m. A Celebration of Mace's life will immediately follow the service.
- 1 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By Homeland Security, FBI
- 2 Police Shoot, Kill Fugitive Richard Matt; Fellow Escapee David Sweat On Run
- 3 Yorktown Celebrates Class Of 2015 With Graduation At SUNY Purchase
- 4 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 5 Mahopac Resident Charged With DWI In Yorktown