YORKTOWN HEIGHTS, N.Y. - Robert J. Goldhorn of Yorktown Heights died June 18. He was 78.
Goldhorn was born Aug. 13, 1935, in Yonkers, he was the son of John H. and Elsie C. Goldhorn. He moved to Yorktown when he was eight and graduated from Yorktown High School in 1955. He retired from New York Telephone in 1989 after 34 years. He served in the N.Y. Air National Guard for eight years at Westchester County Airport. He was life member of Yorktown Heights Engine Co., #1, joining the fire department when he was 16. He had served as ladder captain, and in recent years was of member of Fire Police.
Goldhorn is survived by his wife, Beverly of Yorktown Heights; sons, Jeffrey S. (Deborah) Goldhorn of Pleasantville and Gregory G. (Elizabeth) Goldhorn of Holmes; three grandchildren; and brother, Gary J. (Norma) Goldhorn of Mooresville, N.C.
Calling hours are Sunday, June 22 from 2 to 4 and 7 to 9 p.m. at Beecher Flooks Funeral Home, Inc., Pleasantville, where funeral services will be held Monday, June 23 at 10 a.m. Burial will follow at Amawalk Hill Cemetery, Yorktown Heights.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made in Gorldhorn’s memory to Yorktown Heights Engine Co.#1, Firemen's Benevolent Association, P.O. Box 13, Yorktown Hgts, NY 10598.
- 1 Assemblyman Katz Calls For Speaker Silver To Resign
- 2 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Yorktown, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 3 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For Yorktown
- 4 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Westchester Sees 6-8 Inches Of Snow
- 5 18 Inches Of Snow Now Possible In Yorktown; Blizzard Warning Issued