MAHOPAC, N.Y. - Susan N. Morris, longtime resident of Yorktown Heights and more recently living in Mahopac, died March 30. He was 76.
Morris was born in 1937, in Catskill, to David and Alice Newman. She graduated from Hastings High School in 1955 and went on to earn a degree in education from SUNY Oneonta. She worked in the Ossining School district for many years until she retired in 1998. In her retirement, she was a volunteer for the Make-A-Wish Foundation of the Hudson Valley, working as a wish granter for the Hudson Valley Wish House.
Morris is survived by her son, Craig Morris of Draper, Utah; daughter, Kathi McLiverty of Pittsford; daughter-in-law, Kathy Morris; son-in-law, Alan McLiverty; and four grandchildren.
A memorial service will be held at 11 a.m. Sunday, April 6 at Clark Funeral Home in Yorktown Heights.
In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be made to Make-A-Wish Foundation of the Hudson Valley.
- 1 Winter Storm Watch Issued For Yorktown On Wednesday
- 2 Yorktown Man Driving 95 MPH Charged With DWI, Police Say
- 3 Yorktown Man Charged After Car Accident At Gas Station Tops News Last Week
- 4 Three Lakeland High School Athletes Sign College Letters Of Intent
- 5 Multi-Vehicle Accident Reported On Peekskill Hollow Road