SOMERS, N.Y. - William "Bucky" G. Pope, a 36 year resident of Somers, died April 20. He was 69.
Pope was born Sept. 6, 1944, in Binghamton, to Raymond G. and Katherine Bowman Pope. He earned business degrees from SUNY Binghamton and a doctorate from Pace University. He worked at the TJ Watson Research Center in Yorktown and retired in 2000 after 34 years with IBM. During his career, he spent a year at the CERN Laboratory, living with his family in Geneva, Switzerland.
After retirement he remained active in consulting and teaching while he developed the Beacon Business Simulation. He was a longtime member of the Somers Lions Club.
Pope is survived by his wife, Sandra; children, Cindy Gagliano (Chris) of Arlington, Va., Brian Pope (Jennifer) of Southport, Conn., and Missy Green (Mark) of Seattle, Wash.; six grandchildren; and many cousins.
Calling hours are Friday, April 25 from 2 to 4 and 7 to 9 p.m. at Clark Associates Funeral Home in Katonah. Services will be held at 1 p.m. Saturday, April 26 at the funeral home, followed by burial at St. Joseph's Cemetery in Somers.
- 1 Mohegan Lake Man, Pastoral Council VP, Faces Child Porn Charges
- 2 Man Charged With Forcible Touching In Yorktown
- 3 Broadway Producer's Westchester Home Hits The Market For $29.5M
- 4 Police Seeking Public's Help In Search For Missing Greenwich Teen Girl
- 5 Funeral Services Held For 20-Year-Old College Student From Westchester