SOMERS, N.Y. - William "Bucky" G. Pope, a 36 year resident of Somers, died April 20. He was 69.
Pope was born Sept. 6, 1944, in Binghamton, to Raymond G. and Katherine Bowman Pope. He earned business degrees from SUNY Binghamton and a doctorate from Pace University. He worked at the TJ Watson Research Center in Yorktown and retired in 2000 after 34 years with IBM. During his career, he spent a year at the CERN Laboratory, living with his family in Geneva, Switzerland.
After retirement he remained active in consulting and teaching while he developed the Beacon Business Simulation. He was a longtime member of the Somers Lions Club.
Pope is survived by his wife, Sandra; children, Cindy Gagliano (Chris) of Arlington, Va., Brian Pope (Jennifer) of Southport, Conn., and Missy Green (Mark) of Seattle, Wash.; six grandchildren; and many cousins.
Calling hours are Friday, April 25 from 2 to 4 and 7 to 9 p.m. at Clark Associates Funeral Home in Katonah. Services will be held at 1 p.m. Saturday, April 26 at the funeral home, followed by burial at St. Joseph's Cemetery in Somers.
- 1 Several Westchester Towns Ranked Among New York's Safest To Live In
- 2 15-Year-Old Yorktown Boy Charged With Making Threat Against School
- 3 Dante's III In Yorktown Heights Is Changing Owners
- 4 National Weather Service: Yorktown's Winter Won't Be So Bad
- 5 Police Locate Threats Against Yorktown, LI Schools Made On Yik Yak App