YONKERS, N.Y. -- UPDATED 11:55 a.m. Police located a Yonkers man in his home at 26 Rugby Road Thursday with an apparent self-inflicted shotgun wound to his face, according to a police statement.
The man was conscious at the time and was moved by Empress Ambulance to a local trauma center.
The incident put School 29 on lockdown, but police say it was never in danger. The lockdown at the school has been lifted
The investigation is ongoing and police said one handgun and two rifles were located in the house.
No other injuries were reported. The man lives with other family members, but he is believed to have been alone at the time.
The Daily Voice will have more information as it becomes available.
- 1 Police Warn Residents To Be On Lookout For Bear In Yorktown
- 2 Father Charged After Incident With Varsity Lacrosse Coach At Mahopac HS
- 3 Westchester Private Schools Rank Among 'Smartest' In Nation
- 4 Snow Could Be Returning To Yorktown
- 5 Serious Accident Takes Out Two Lanes On Taconic In Jefferson Valley