YONKERS, N.Y. -- UPDATED 11:55 a.m. Police located a Yonkers man in his home at 26 Rugby Road Thursday with an apparent self-inflicted shotgun wound to his face, according to a police statement.
The man was conscious at the time and was moved by Empress Ambulance to a local trauma center.
The incident put School 29 on lockdown, but police say it was never in danger. The lockdown at the school has been lifted
The investigation is ongoing and police said one handgun and two rifles were located in the house.
No other injuries were reported. The man lives with other family members, but he is believed to have been alone at the time.
The Daily Voice will have more information as it becomes available.
- 1 Man Charged With Driving Four Times Legal Limit In Route 6 Stop
- 2 Woman Spits At, Kicks Westchester Officers During DWI Arrest, Say Police
- 3 Yorktown's Bruce Apar Set To Appear On Investigation Discovery
- 4 Pleasantville Teen Is Sentenced In Crash That Killed Three
- 5 Thieves Stole Personal Data From 104,000 Taxpayers, IRS Says