CORTLANDT MANOR, N.Y. — A Cortlandt Manor man has been charged in a sex crime that occurred at his home in 2010, the New York State police said Friday.
Richard J. Dinizo was arrested at 7 a.m., Friday, by investigators with the state police and special agents assigned to U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement’s Homeland Security Investigations.
Dinizo is charged with one count of criminal sexual act in the first degree, a felony punishable by up to 25 years in prison, the state police said in a release.
Details on the arrest were not immediately given, but Dinizo has been active as a volunteer coach for a private girls basketball team in the Westchester area dating back to at least the mid 1990s, according to state police.
Dinzio is being held without bail at the Westchester County jail. He will appear in court on March 22.
The investigation is ongoing and additional State and Federal charges are expected in the near future, police said.
State police are encouraging anyone with pertinent information to the investigation contact the bureau of criminal investigation at the Cortlandt barracks at (914) 737-7171.
- 1 Mohegan Lake Man, Pastoral Council VP, Faces Child Porn Charges
- 2 Nearly One Million Bicycles Are Recalled After Rider Is Paralyzed
- 3 Mother Of Croton Child Who Died Upgraded To Serious Condition
- 4 Man Charged With Forcible Touching In Yorktown
- 5 Broadway Producer's Westchester Home Hits The Market For $29.5M