CORTLANDT, N.Y. -- A 51-year-old Cortlandt man who was accused of breaking into a bike shop said police should hire him as a detective, according to a report from LoHud. com.
Walter Buchner, who pleaded guilty to felony burglary charges in January 2013, told investigators they should hire him "because he was good," according to the report. Buchner reportedly made the offer during an interrogation with investigators after his arrest in November 2011, according to the report.
Buchner, who most recently appeared in Westchester County Court in White Plains on Wednesday, Jan. 8, has since been diverted to a drug treatment program and he has been regularly checking in with the courts since his guilty plea, as his sentence has been delayed pending completion of the program, according to the report.
- 1 Police Charge Yorktown Woman In Fraud Case After Facebook Tip
- 2 Drowning Victim, 22, ID'd; Stepson Of Schools Superintendent
- 3 Trader Joe's Considering Yorktown Location, Chamber Says
- 4 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 5 State Police Charge Pair In Route 35 DWI Checkpoint