Discarded Ashes Burn Down Shed At Yorktown Home

  • Comment
A Yorktown fire truck sits outside a Quaker Church Road home, where a shed burned down Monday night. Photo Credit: Brian Marschhauser

YORKTOWN, N.Y. – Improperly discarded ashes were to blame Monday evening for a backyard shed that burned down at a Yorktown home.

Residents of the home on Quaker Church Road dumped ashes into their backyard where  an 8-by-10 foot shed caught fire and burned to the ground, said Jason Swart, assistant chief of Yorktown Heights Engine Company #1.

"The ashes were still hot when they dumped them," Swart said.

The shed was detached and the house did not catch fire. No injuries were reported.

  • Comment

Comments

In Other News

Events

Yorktown's Hilltop Hanover Farm To Host Events Through April

Saw Mill Club Announces Changes To Its Swimming Program

News

Another Cold Night In Yorktown Could Bring Frost

Obituaries

Janet Marie Nelson, 83, Substitute Teacher In Yorktown School District

News

Yorktown's Taconic Runners Member Ready For Boston Marathon