YORKTOWN, N.Y. – Improperly discarded ashes were to blame Monday evening for a backyard shed that burned down at a Yorktown home.
Residents of the home on Quaker Church Road dumped ashes into their backyard where an 8-by-10 foot shed caught fire and burned to the ground, said Jason Swart, assistant chief of Yorktown Heights Engine Company #1.
"The ashes were still hot when they dumped them," Swart said.
The shed was detached and the house did not catch fire. No injuries were reported.
- 1 Firefighters Contain Blaze At Kohl's In Cortlandt
- 2 Yorktown Man, 19, Charged After Car Accident At Gas Station, Police Say
- 3 IRS Warns Yorktown Residents Of Phone Scam
- 4 County Police Charge Man With Having 130 Bags Of Heroin
- 5 Yorktown Heights FD Provides Aid In Blaze That Injures Somers Contractor