YORKTOWN, N.Y. – Improperly discarded ashes were to blame Monday evening for a backyard shed that burned down at a Yorktown home.
Residents of the home on Quaker Church Road dumped ashes into their backyard where an 8-by-10 foot shed caught fire and burned to the ground, said Jason Swart, assistant chief of Yorktown Heights Engine Company #1.
"The ashes were still hot when they dumped them," Swart said.
The shed was detached and the house did not catch fire. No injuries were reported.
- 1 Second Arrest Made In Animal Cruelty Case Involving Mohegan Lake Pet Shop Owner
- 2 Two Medical Marijuana Licenses Granted In Westchester
- 3 Serious Accident Takes Out Two Lanes On Taconic State Parkway
- 4 Police Officer From Mohegan Lake Sues Shoe Manufacturer After Injury
- 5 Drenching Thunderstorms Headed To Yorktown