YORKTOWN, N.Y. – Improperly discarded ashes were to blame Monday evening for a backyard shed that burned down at a Yorktown home.
Residents of the home on Quaker Church Road dumped ashes into their backyard where an 8-by-10 foot shed caught fire and burned to the ground, said Jason Swart, assistant chief of Yorktown Heights Engine Company #1.
"The ashes were still hot when they dumped them," Swart said.
The shed was detached and the house did not catch fire. No injuries were reported.
- 1 Yorktown Man, 66, Charged With Distributing Crystal Meth
- 2 Yorktown Woman Faces DWI, Drug Possession Charges
- 3 Somers Woman Charged With Violating Order Of Protection, Resisting Arrest
- 4 Airbag Recall Is Largest Ever In Auto History
- 5 Bank Teller Pleads Guilty To Stealing $1.4M From Westchester Depositors