YORKTOWN, N.Y. – Improperly discarded ashes were to blame Monday evening for a backyard shed that burned down at a Yorktown home.
Residents of the home on Quaker Church Road dumped ashes into their backyard where an 8-by-10 foot shed caught fire and burned to the ground, said Jason Swart, assistant chief of Yorktown Heights Engine Company #1.
"The ashes were still hot when they dumped them," Swart said.
The shed was detached and the house did not catch fire. No injuries were reported.
- 1 Mohegan Lake Man, Pastoral Council VP, Faces Child Porn Charges
- 2 Man Charged With Forcible Touching In Yorktown
- 3 Broadway Producer's Westchester Home Hits The Market For $29.5M
- 4 Police Seeking Public's Help In Search For Missing Greenwich Teen Girl
- 5 Funeral Services Held For 20-Year-Old College Student From Westchester