YORKTOWN, N.Y. – Improperly discarded ashes were to blame Monday evening for a backyard shed that burned down at a Yorktown home.
Residents of the home on Quaker Church Road dumped ashes into their backyard where an 8-by-10 foot shed caught fire and burned to the ground, said Jason Swart, assistant chief of Yorktown Heights Engine Company #1.
"The ashes were still hot when they dumped them," Swart said.
The shed was detached and the house did not catch fire. No injuries were reported.
- 1 Trump's Presidential Run Puts Spotlight On His Northern Westchester Estate
- 2 Man, 24, Killed In Sprain Brook Parkway One-Car Crash ID'd
- 3 Man ID'd In I-87 Fatal Motorcycle Crash
- 4 From Lakeland HS To Country's Biggest Stage, Jessica Lynn Continues Rise
- 5 Shark Sightings Lead To Beach Closure On Long Island