YORKTOWN, N.Y. - A fire swept up the chimney of a Yorktown home Wednesday evening, Yorktown Fire Department Chief Chet Swirski said.
The fire swept up the chimney and into the chimney chase, or chimney cover, up two stories at 1358 Kitchawan Road, Yorktown, but was "extinguished very quickly," said Swirski. Yorktown Fire Department responded to the call just before 6 p.m.
Swirski was unable to comment on the cause of the fire, or why it spread up the chimney.
Millwood Fire Department provided assistance in extinguishing the fire.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.