YORKTOWN, N.Y. - A fire swept up the chimney of a Yorktown home Wednesday evening, Yorktown Fire Department Chief Chet Swirski said.
The fire swept up the chimney and into the chimney chase, or chimney cover, up two stories at 1358 Kitchawan Road, Yorktown, but was "extinguished very quickly," said Swirski. Yorktown Fire Department responded to the call just before 6 p.m.
Swirski was unable to comment on the cause of the fire, or why it spread up the chimney.
Millwood Fire Department provided assistance in extinguishing the fire.
- 1 Motorcyclist, 29, Killed In Taconic State Parkway Crash In Yorktown Is ID'd
- 2 Yorktown's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 3 Weekly Poll: Political '14
- 4 Michael Douglas, Catherine Zeta-Jones Buy New Westchester Home
- 5 Yorktown Student Is Basis Of Discussion At Pleasantville's Jacob Burns