YORKTOWN, N.Y. - A fire swept up the chimney of a Yorktown home Wednesday evening, Yorktown Fire Department Chief Chet Swirski said.
The fire swept up the chimney and into the chimney chase, or chimney cover, up two stories at 1358 Kitchawan Road, Yorktown, but was "extinguished very quickly," said Swirski. Yorktown Fire Department responded to the call just before 6 p.m.
Swirski was unable to comment on the cause of the fire, or why it spread up the chimney.
Millwood Fire Department provided assistance in extinguishing the fire.
- 1 Yorktown Heights Resident Indicted In Metro-North Test Cheating Ring
- 2 Yorktown Man Charged With Shoplifting Thermometers
- 3 Four Charged In Yorktown After Alleged Gang Assault
- 4 Restaurateur Found Guilty Of Forcibly Touching Waitress
- 5 Former Exec From PepsiCo In Purchase Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust