YORKTOWN, N.Y. - A fire swept up the chimney of a Yorktown home Wednesday evening, Yorktown Fire Department Chief Chet Swirski said.
The fire swept up the chimney and into the chimney chase, or chimney cover, up two stories at 1358 Kitchawan Road, Yorktown, but was "extinguished very quickly," said Swirski. Yorktown Fire Department responded to the call just before 6 p.m.
Swirski was unable to comment on the cause of the fire, or why it spread up the chimney.
Millwood Fire Department provided assistance in extinguishing the fire.
- 1 Man Charged With Driving Four Times Legal Limit In Route 6 Stop
- 2 Yorktown's Bruce Apar Set To Appear On Investigation Discovery
- 3 Woman Spits At, Kicks Westchester Officers During DWI Arrest, Say Police
- 4 Pleasantville Teen Is Sentenced In Crash That Killed Three
- 5 Mother Of 6-Year-Old Lacey Carr Of Croton Is No Longer At Hospital