Emergency responders rushed to the scene of a residence in Ossining after a tree in the front yard was struck by lightning Saturday night.
The incident occurred just before 7 p.m. on Barnes Street as a fast-moving storm with heavy rains and strong winds was moving through the area.
After striking the tree, the lighting followed the wiring for the invisible dog fence back into the house, causing smoke and burning in the interior of the home, with the electrical surge tripping multiple breakers in the electrical panel, the Yorktown Volunteer Fire Department said. Power was restored through the main breaker.
Ossining, Yorktown and Millwood firefighters responded.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.