YORKTOWN, N.Y. ‒ Former Fire Chief Martin McGannon won an uncontested race Tuesday for a seat on the Yorktown Heights Fire District's Board of Commissioners.
McGannon received 79 votes, according to the district's secretary/treasurer, Jeanmarie Klaus. Last year, McGannon fell short in his election bid by seven votes.
The Board of Commissioners consists of five members elected to five-year terms, with one of the terms expiring every year. McGannon's term begins Jan. 1 and will end on Dec. 31, 2018. The position is not paid.
- 1 Firefighters Contain Blaze At Kohl's In Cortlandt
- 2 Yorktown Heights FD Provides Aid In Blaze That Injures Somers Contractor
- 3 Yorktown FD Assists In Battling Two-Alarm Blaze In Somers
- 4 Mohegan Lake Fire Department Assists In Battling Mahopac Blaze
- 5 Yorktown Man Charged After Car Accident At Gas Station Tops News Last Week