YORKTOWN, N.Y. ‒ A 44-year-old Mohegan Lake man was charged Friday with criminal mischief in the second degree, a felony, and assault in the third degree, a misdemeanor.
Gordon Ewing is accused of injuring another person and causing more than $1,500 dollars in property damage during a domestic dispute, Yorktown police said. He was arraigned at Yorktown Justice Court and held at Westchester County Jail on $15,000 bail. He is scheduled to return to court at 6 p.m. Tuesday.
Also from the Yorktown Police blotter:
- Angel Gomez, 26, of Pleasant Valley was charged with misdemeanor petty larceny in connection with a shoplifting incident at Sears in the Jefferson Valley Mall, police said. Gomez allegedly removed a $57 bottle of cologne from the display on Nov. 23, concealed it in an infant carrier and left the store without paying, according to the report. He was released on $100 bail and is scheduled to return to court at 6 p.m. on Jan. 3.
A 25-year-old Yorktown man and a 25-year-old Cortlandt man were charged in connection with a Thanksgiving-eve fight outside Murphy's Restaurant, police said.
The men were allegedly fighting around 2 a.m. on Nov. 22 and "causing a disturbance and endangering others around," according to the police report.
Both men were charged with disorderly conduct, a violation. The Yorktown man's 22-year-old brother was also charged for allegedly shouting obscene language and threats. All three were released on $50 bail and scheduled to appear in Yorktown Justice Court at 6 p.m. on Dec. 20.
- 1 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By Homeland Security, FBI
- 2 Police Shoot, Kill Fugitive Richard Matt; Fellow Escapee David Sweat On Run
- 3 Yorktown Celebrates Class Of 2015 With Graduation At SUNY Purchase
- 4 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 5 Men Shot, Killed Before Hutchinson River Parkway Crash ID'd