YORKTOWN, N.Y. – Brian R. Angelie of Mount Kisco was charged with driving while intoxicated in Yorktown with a 4-year-old passenger in the car early Sunday morning, according to the New York State Police.
State police said officers stopped the 26-year-old on Crompond Road in Yorktown at around 2:50 a.m. after observing him driving left of pavement markings.
Officers found Angelie to be intoxicated and operating the vehicle with a 4-year-old child as a passenger, police said.
Angelie was determined to have a blood alcohol content of 0.14 percent, police said, and was charged with felony DWI under Leandra's Law. Also known as the Child Passenger Protection Act, this 2009 New York State law makes it an automatic felony on the first offense to drive drunk with a person 15 years or younger inside the car.
Angelie was arraigned in the Town of Yorktown Court and released on his own recognizance. He is scheduled to appear in court again on Dec. 20.
- 1 State Police Warn Yorktown Residents Of Phone Scam
- 2 Former White Plains Officer Left Suicide Note At Harrison Murder Scene
- 3 Head Of Yoga Empire With Yorktown Location Faces Rape Allegation
- 4 Cortlandt Manor Man Killed In Hit-And-Run Accident
- 5 Yorktown Woman, 22, Charged With Failing To Pay Fine