YORKTOWN, N.Y. – Brian R. Angelie of Mount Kisco was charged with driving while intoxicated in Yorktown with a 4-year-old passenger in the car early Sunday morning, according to the New York State Police.
State police said officers stopped the 26-year-old on Crompond Road in Yorktown at around 2:50 a.m. after observing him driving left of pavement markings.
Officers found Angelie to be intoxicated and operating the vehicle with a 4-year-old child as a passenger, police said.
Angelie was determined to have a blood alcohol content of 0.14 percent, police said, and was charged with felony DWI under Leandra's Law. Also known as the Child Passenger Protection Act, this 2009 New York State law makes it an automatic felony on the first offense to drive drunk with a person 15 years or younger inside the car.
Angelie was arraigned in the Town of Yorktown Court and released on his own recognizance. He is scheduled to appear in court again on Dec. 20.
- 1 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By Homeland Security, FBI
- 2 Yorktown Celebrates Class Of 2015 With Graduation At SUNY Purchase
- 3 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 4 Yorktown Man Charged With Shoplifting Thermometers
- 5 Credit Card Skimmer Discovery At Area Bank Prompts Concern