WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- Police are investigating a deadly crash late Friday night in which a 19-year-old man crashed into Mahopac High School, just over the Westchester County border.
Fire officials say 19-year-old David Diachenko was barreling down Gleneida Boulevard off Baldwin Place Road when his car gained so much momentum it crashed into the side of his alma mater, according to News 12 Westchester.
The crash, which damaged 10 classrooms, is being investigated, according to News 12.
Diachenko had plans to join the Navy, according to News 12.
- 1 9-, 11-Year-Old Mohegan Lake Boys Charged In Burglaries
- 2 Yorktown Man, 66, Charged With Distributing Crystal Meth
- 3 Man Is Charged With Shooting Arrows At Mohegan Lake Adult Home Employee
- 4 Body Found In Hudson River Near West Point
- 5 Lakeland/Panas Product Takes Maryland To NCAA Women's Final Four