YORKTOWN, N.Y. – A teacher accused of sending threatening text messages to a Yorktown man who used to coach her son had her case continued to November after appearing in Yorktown Town Court recently, a report by the Journal News said.
Christine E. Comerford, a Yorktown resident and teacher within the Haldane School District in Putnam County, was charged Aug. 28 with second-degree harassment, a misdemeanor, the report said. She allegedly sent threatening texts between Aug. 5 and 12 to Richard Giannasca, who previously coached her son on a youth football team, the Journal News reported.
The texts told Giannasca that he was being watched and some messages threatened to take him down and mentioned his 12-year-old son, according to the Journal News.
Comerford’s case was continued to Nov. 17, the report said.
To read the full story, click here.
- 1 Firefighters Contain Blaze At Kohl's In Cortlandt
- 2 Yorktown Man, 19, Charged After Car Accident At Gas Station, Police Say
- 3 IRS Warns Yorktown Residents Of Phone Scam
- 4 County Police Charge Man With Having 130 Bags Of Heroin
- 5 Yorktown Heights FD Provides Aid In Blaze That Injures Somers Contractor