WESTCHESTER, N.Y. -- The search for a missing Brown University student has expanded to New York, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Massachusetts and Pennsylvania.
Sunil Tripathi, 22, was last seen on March 16 at his apartment on Angell Street in Providence, Rhode Island. He left his home without his identification, wallet or cell phone, officials said. Tripathi's family says that he has been struggling with depression, and had taken a leave of absence from Brown, where he was formerly a member of the class of 2012 studying philosophy.
Tripathi is 6 feet tall and weighs approximately 130 pounds. He has short brown hair and brown eyes. He was last seen wearing blue jeans, a Philadelphia Eagles beanie and a black sweatshirt.
Providence police began an extensive search following Tripathi's disappearance. The FBI has gotten involved in the search, and expanded it to Massachusetts, New York, Connecticut and Tripathi's home state of Pennsylvania.
Anybody who has seen Tripathi or has any information should contact the Providence Police Department at 401-243-6191.
- 1 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Yorktown, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 2 18 Inches Of Snow Now Possible In Yorktown; Blizzard Warning Issued
- 3 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Westchester Sees 6-8 Inches Of Snow
- 4 Yorktown Dodges Worst Of Nor'ester
- 5 Accidents Reported On Taconic State Parkway, Bear Mountain Bridge Road