WESTCHESTER, N.Y. -- The search for a missing Brown University student has expanded to New York, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Massachusetts and Pennsylvania.
Sunil Tripathi, 22, was last seen on March 16 at his apartment on Angell Street in Providence, Rhode Island. He left his home without his identification, wallet or cell phone, officials said. Tripathi's family says that he has been struggling with depression, and had taken a leave of absence from Brown, where he was formerly a member of the class of 2012 studying philosophy.
Tripathi is 6 feet tall and weighs approximately 130 pounds. He has short brown hair and brown eyes. He was last seen wearing blue jeans, a Philadelphia Eagles beanie and a black sweatshirt.
Providence police began an extensive search following Tripathi's disappearance. The FBI has gotten involved in the search, and expanded it to Massachusetts, New York, Connecticut and Tripathi's home state of Pennsylvania.
Anybody who has seen Tripathi or has any information should contact the Providence Police Department at 401-243-6191.
- 1 Police In Search Of Three Missing Teens Who May Be In Westchester
- 2 Man, Two Women Charged In Jefferson Valley Mall Parking Lot Heroin Bust
- 3 Mohegan Lake Man Breaks Nose Of Former Employee, Police Say
- 4 Yorktown Family Looking For Missing Dog Zero
- 5 Yorktown Man Who Crashes Into Pole Charged With DWI, Police Say