YORKTOWN, N.Y. ‒ A 22-year-old Mahopac woman was arrested Sunday after, police said, she crashed her car in Yorktown while driving with a blood alcohol content more than twice the legal limit.
Police responded to a single-car rollover on Mohansic Avenue E. around 2:20 a.m. and charged the driver, Kelly Damato, with driving while intoxicated (DWI). Damato later took a breath test and allegedly scored higher than 0.18 percent, upgrading her charge to aggravated DWI, a class A misdemeanor, according to the police report.
Damato was processed at police headquarters and released without bail to a friend. She is due back in court March 21.
Also from the Yorktown Police blotter:
• Robert Chirurgi, 26, of Yorktown, was charged Saturday with assault in third degree, a misdemeanor, for his alleged involvement in a Sept. 9, 2012, assault outside of Finnegan's Bar and Grill, police said. Chirurgi and other unnamed men are accused of assaulting and injuring a 26-year-old Putnam Valley man in front of the restaurant, according to the report. Chirurgi is being held at Westchester County Jail on $5,000 bail. The investigation is ongoing and further arrests are expected, police said.
• Two teenage girls, an 18-year-old from Ossining and a 16-year-old from Peekskill, were charged Feb. 13 with petty larceny for allegedly stealing $308.95 worth of merchandise from Sears in the Jefferson Valley Mall, police said.
• John Pinchbeck, 52, of Mohegan Lake, was charged Friday with two counts of petty larceny after police said he stole $32.17 worth of pain medication from the Taconic Pharmacy on Dec. 15 and 23. Surveillance videos allegedly identified Pinchbeck as the suspect, according to the report. He was remanded to Westchester County Jail on $2,500 bail and is due back in court Thursday.
- 1 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Yorktown, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 2 18 Inches Of Snow Now Possible In Yorktown; Blizzard Warning Issued
- 3 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Westchester Sees 6-8 Inches Of Snow
- 4 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For Yorktown
- 5 Accidents Reported On Taconic State Parkway, Bear Mountain Bridge Road