SOMERS, N.Y. – A man hospitalized after he was stabbed Saturday night in Lake Purdys was in stable condition and improving, state police said Tuesday.
The man was injured after he was stabbed with a knife in an altercation with another man at about 10:30 p.m. Saturday in a house on Eastern Way, New York State Police said. The other man ran away, police said. Police also issued an alert to residents that a man named Juan Gomez “was a person of interest” in the case.
“The investigation is still ongoing,” said Investigator James Stirpe of the State Police Somers Bureau of Criminal Investigation. The man in the hospital "is doing much, much better and his status has been upgraded.”
Gomez remains a person of interest in the case, Stirpe said.
Gomez is described as being in his 40s with an average build, police said. He was last seen wearing a multicolored jacket and blue jeans, police said. Anyone with information is asked to call Stirpe at 914-277-3651. All calls and information provided will remain confidential.
- 1 Police Charge Yorktown Woman In Fraud Case After Facebook Tip
- 2 Drowning Victim, 22, ID'd; Stepson Of Schools Superintendent
- 3 Trader Joe's Considering Yorktown Location, Chamber Says
- 4 Emergency Responders Rescue Injured Hiker Near Bear Mountain Bridge
- 5 State Police Charge Pair In Route 35 DWI Checkpoint