CORTLANDT, N.Y. -- A New York State Police New Year's Eve initiative resulted in two DWI-related arrests and more than 40 other charges for violations in Westchester County.
State Police in Westchester conducted a six-hour driving while intoxicated enforcement detail from 9 p.m. Dec. 31, to 3 a.m., Jan. 1, according to a report. The detail resulted in two DWI arrests, six speed violations and 38 other traffic violations, according to the report.
"Ensuring highway safety continues to be a mission priority of the New York State Police," troopers said in the report.
Liliane Montilla, 35, of Cortlandt Manor, was arrested and charged with DWI-refusal. Francis Guerrero, 20, of Crompond, was arrested and charged with DWI. Both are set to appear in the Town of Cortlandt Court on Jan. 10.
- 1 Police Charge Yorktown Woman In Fraud Case After Facebook Tip
- 2 Drowning Victim, 22, ID'd; Stepson Of Schools Superintendent
- 3 Trader Joe's Considering Yorktown Location, Chamber Says
- 4 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 5 State Police Charge Pair In Route 35 DWI Checkpoint