CORTLANDT, N.Y. -- A New York State Police New Year's Eve initiative resulted in two DWI-related arrests and more than 40 other charges for violations in Westchester County.
State Police in Westchester conducted a six-hour driving while intoxicated enforcement detail from 9 p.m. Dec. 31, to 3 a.m., Jan. 1, according to a report. The detail resulted in two DWI arrests, six speed violations and 38 other traffic violations, according to the report.
"Ensuring highway safety continues to be a mission priority of the New York State Police," troopers said in the report.
Liliane Montilla, 35, of Cortlandt Manor, was arrested and charged with DWI-refusal. Francis Guerrero, 20, of Crompond, was arrested and charged with DWI. Both are set to appear in the Town of Cortlandt Court on Jan. 10.
- 1 NYPD Officer, Former Section 1 Basketball Star, Killed In Bronx Crash
- 2 Westchester Attorney Charged With Stealing Over $1M From Escrow Accounts
- 3 Somers Businessman Charged With Loan, Tax Fraud
- 4 Westchester Customers Could Be Affected By Home Depot Credit Card Breach
- 5 Serious Multi-Vehicle Accident Closes Saw Mill River Parkway