YORKTOWN, N.Y. — Nobody was home Monday afternoon as a fire ripped through the roof of a two-story home at 1740 Dogwood Drive.
The Yorktown Heights Volunteer Fire Company contained the blaze shortly after 2 p.m. Firefighters were assisted by the Yorktown Police Department, Yorktown Volunteer Ambulance Corps and Bedford Hills Fire Department.
The cause of the fire has not yet been determined and is under investigation.
A neighbor said he called 911 after seeing smoke coming from the first floor.
Stay with the Yorktown Daily Voice as more information is made available.
- 1 NYPD Detective Killed, Driver Injured In Wrong-Way Sprain Brook Crash
- 2 Yorktown Will See Widespread Snow Sunday Into Monday
- 3 Former NBA All-Star, New York Knicks Player Anthony Mason Dies At 48
- 4 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits Yorktown
- 5 Numerous Accidents Reported On Slippery Westchester Roadways